Online banking is not ready as long as users:
- users have to type in loads of reference numbers, dates, amounts etc when paying bills
- do not get mobile notifications when needed for too low or too high balances, transactions effected, invoices received etc
- cannot approve proposals with mobile press “a” for affecting proposal (invoice payment, new repayment schedule, new service etc)
- do not have handy way of listing payments per receiver and sender
- cannot use the account statement as cash based accounting (in accordance with new EU VAT directive) and cash flow estimate
All of these can be done once the bank is starting to provide e-invoicing as a part of extended payments services and connect to multi-device mobile environments.